The Perinatal Center of Oklahoma specializes in providing health care services for high-risk pregnancies. In our state-of-the art facilities, we can provide the following services:
- Complete Ultrasound
- to assess the anatomy of the fetus, the number of fetuses, the gestational age of the fetus, and the position of the fetus.
- Comprehensive Ultrasound
- to evaluate high-risk pregnancies which are at an increased risk for fetal anomalies or disorders of fetal growth.
- 4-D Ultrasound
- allows us to evaluate the anatomy of the fetus in greater detail and generates a three dimensional image of the fetus.
- Genetic Counseling- counseling is available to discuss the risks and benefits of various screening and testing options. We provide counseling for issues such as pregnancy during advanced maternal age, inherited disorders, and abnormal maternal serum screening.
- this test evaluates the fluid surrounding the fetus. Cells present in the fluid can provide information about genetic disorders of the fetus.
- Percutaneous Umbilical Sampling (PUBS), Intrauterine Transfusion
- this test is performed by taking a sample of blood from the umbilical cord. It is usually done if there is risk of anemia. If the fetus is anemic, it can also be transfused with blood by this procedure.
- Non-Stress Testing
- this test is used to evaluate the fetal well-being. It is performed by placing a belt around the mother's abdomen which detects changes in the fetal heart rate as the fetus moves.
- Consultation and Management of Complicated Pregnancies
Our staff includes obstetricians with expertise in maternal-fetal medicine, specially trained sonographers, skilled obstetrical nurses, and genetics counselors.